Monday, November 5, 2012

Tip of the Week - November 5, 2012


For Students with a Graduation Date Of:


2015 & Above: Explore and Understand Career Clusters. Have you checked out the Career Clusters on Springboard? Log in to your account, click on the Careers tab at the top of the page, and explore the 16 Career Clusters. Take notes on what interests you and save information into the Portfolio section of Springboard (the tab is at the top of the page).

2014:  Check-in with your teachers.   See what grades you have in each of your classes.  If you are unhappy with your current grade, ask your teacher what you can do to improve. Create a timeline with your teacher to monitor your progress.

2013:  It may not be too late to apply Early Action.  Some schools have November 15th or December 1st Early Action deadlines.  Check the admission deadlines for your schools to see if you can still apply Early Action.

2012 & Below:  Are you making wise choices? Consider the answers to the following questions in regards to each of your classes: What is my present situation? How would I like my situation to be? What are my possible choices? What’s the likely outcome of each possible choice? Which choices will I commit to doing? When and how will I evaluate my plan? Accept personal responsibility for your choices.

No comments: